
I chose this particular novel because of the cover. I love to read chicklits and the cover is chicklit-material.
The main characters of the book are Elizabeth, Roberto and Chuck.
Elizabeth is from England. She had wanted to marry an Italian man all her life to have a lot of children with, and she finds one: Roberto.
Roberto is very charming and polite, but when they move to Italy he starts to get sick of Elizabeth.
Chuck is an American teacher who also lives in Italy. Elizabeth falls in love with him. He is a very nice en supportive person.
The message of the writer to the readers is that sometimes the life you planned turns out not to be so perfect after all. Elizabeth has always loved Italian men, because they are so gentle en charming, and she has always hated American man for being rude and impolite. But she ends op with Chuck and divorces Roberto…
I really liked the book, although it was not the chicklit that I thought it would be. Because of the pink heels at the cover of the book I figured it would be an extremely shallow book about shopping or something, which I like too. But it wasn’t. It wasn’t a very profound story, but not as shallow as I thought it would be. It's not a difficult book to read, and the subject is very intreading. I really loved it and I would certainly recommend it to my (female) classmates.

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten